Thursday, January 20, 2011

do everything better

So, I was not so good at keeping up with my blog while in Italy (i've never been able to stick to diaries and what not), but i'm feeling a shift within myself that has urged me to come back to it.

I can't explain the change really. It wasn't some attempt at a new year's resolution, I think it just happened naturally. Something over this last Christmas break as a college person really changed my thought process.

The words "do everything better," come to mind.

I am a firm believer that no one person can ever reach a euphoric version of themselves, there is always something more, or in some cases something less that can be done. Love more, worry less, feel more, think less. Ask more questions, own less stuff, be more present, watch less TV... and the list goes on.
.................................................

The first day of class this semester, I was having a particularly bad day. I felt like I was so inadequate whenever my professors asked what our plans were after graduation. I'm a senior public relations major, and I still don't know!

But then I realized I didn't give myself the credit I deserved. Sure I'm not a PR genius, and yes I don't have a CLUE where i'll be in 5 months, but I know what I can do now. And for me, that's all I need.

I start an internship tomorrow doing new media relations on campus. I had to apply and go in for a fancy interview and everything (I have the blisters from wearing heels on campus to prove it). I did assure them that I was a novice twitter user and had no experience in html, but that I will work hard and that I was willing to learn, which counts for something, right?

Wish me luck!

-Audrey


No comments:

Post a Comment